Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

Could the reason end rumbling be do to low differential

Customer Question

could the reason for rear end rumbling be do to low differential fluid just had an alignment and said they adjusted rear wheels noticed rumbling when you go over 40mph
Category: Kia
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
was it fine before the alignment was done ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
that type of noise could be low fluid in the rear end or most common if it was fine before the alignment was done then when aligned correctly there is some cupping of the treads on the tires usually rotating the tires front to back and cross them and then driving it will show if this is just a basic tire issue like thatif the noise is still the same after doing that tire rotation then it needs the rear fluid checked and then run up in the air and see if you can duplicate the noise for a possible rear hub bearing making noiseif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer