Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

My 2007 Kia Sedona check engine light came on again. I had

Customer Question

My 2007 Kia Sedona check engine light came on again. I had someone pull the error code and they told me it said the engine is running lean. This is about the 5th time this problem has reoccured. Every 12 to 18 months, the engine idles rough, the engine light comes on and we do this again. The dealer has replaced O2 sensors and catalytic converter. Last time coincided with the 90k service, which they claimed fixed it but I know they just reset something and it would come back. So here we are. It's back and now I'm out of warranty. I'm not sinking any money into this unless somebody out there can tell me that this problem has a definite fix. I don't think I'll ever buy Kia again either.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,Can you tell me the actual fault code and or codes your getting?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately, I do not have the diagnostic tool that reads the error codes and the Autozone tech didn't give me the exact code. I am trying to track down a family member who has one so I can read the specific code.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
If you can get them ofr me I will advise you from there. Do not replace anything at this point. Let me know and I will see if I can help you get this resolved.