Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

Rear wiper does not work properly on 2008 sportage lx 6cyl.

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It just gets stuck and sounds like its running but doesn't move.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Researching before i dig into it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: I was hoping to find instructions on rear wiper motor removal.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 months ago.
hello, Hard for me to say what exactly is wrong, Could? be the motor unit but one needs to be sure the arm nut is tight first, Remove the plastic cover over the nut and tighten it , if no go? then you have to get to the motor. maybe tap on it when wiper not working as may free it up and aat least confirm the motor is bad, I have included a .pdf file showing all this