Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My kia sedona 2007 engine light came on when i started

Customer Question

hi, my kia sedona 2007 engine light came on when i started the engine and the code that shows in PO420 . Would there be any other cause for that code to come on .
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the van runs fine just that code came on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i could i will , if not then no .
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: No i dont think so .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. This code means the catalytic converter is not cleaning the emissions efficient. As long as there are no other codes nor running issues then this is just a faulty converter that needs to be replaced. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will I need to get both catalytic converter replaces
No you will not, just bank one for this code.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is very pricey to get done
If you use an aftermarket converter, then no the price is not great.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris