Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Kia Optima LX: I hit my outside passenger side rear view mirror

Customer Question

I hit my outside passenger side rear view mirror hard yesterday and it broke the mirror piece to where it cannot be pushed back in place. It appears that the bearing part in the middle of the glass which appears to be plastic broke off. Is this an easy fix or will it require a trip to the shop
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year of it please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2016
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
I don't seem to have anything on that one yet, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.. ..
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello Don,I would say you will need to go to Kia for a new mirror head assembly.The piece you have mentioned is part of the motor and not serviced separately.The painted front cover if still ok, can be reused.Hope this helps.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi Don,I hope my advice has been of assistance to you. Please rate my service at your nearest convenience. Kind regards Gary