Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas
93876653

I'd like to know if I can put LED bulbs (H7), low beam and

Customer Question

I'd like to know if I can put LED bulbs (H7), low beam and high beam to my Kia Sorento 2014
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can see that the replacement LED bulbs are longer so I'm not sure if they can fit
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need the information first
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 8 months ago.
Yes you can add H7 LED bulbs to your vehicle! I have done this upgrade to a few of my cars over the years, and I will issue you a word of caution, Spend the few extra dollars on a Phillips LED bulb. There are a lot of cheaper ones out there, but they failure prematurely and are not nearly as bright. http://www.xenondepot.com/H7-LED-headlight-kit-p/h7-led-hl.htmThat is the exact kit I use on my customers cars and also my own. Its not priced way out of reach, but the quality you get is top notch. unlike HID's you do not need a ballast or anything extra like that. Very simple and straight forward install. I really hope this helps you, and as always Please feel free to ask me any other questions you have and do not forget to rate my service!Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your answer but somehow I doubt that you installed that particular Phillips LED you recommend to Kia Sorento. That's because the space between a dust lid and back end of the regular light bulb is very limited and if you check the Phillips LED you'll see that it's way longer than regular H7 light bulb.
You may not be able to use the dust lid on certain applications. The downside to LED's is the Heat they product so the ribbon looking material is need and acts as a cooling device for the light bulb. The other style is like this:http://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Headlight-Bulbs-Clear-Arc-Beam/dp/B00VNBEUMO But I think that might be to large to fit in the dust cover as well. Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks