K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

Kia Sorento: ***** ***** I check at the fuel temperature

Customer Question

How do I check for 5V at the fuel temperature sensor harness connector for a 2003 Kia Sorento? If there is no voltage at the sensor connector, where do I look to find possible shorts in the fuel temperature circuit?
Category: Kia
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 5 months ago.
Hello, you'll need to check the resistance of the wire between the ECM and fuel temp sensor. And check for voltage at the ecm itself. If the wire shows open circuit with your ohm meter you'll basicaly have to pull the wire from the loon and keep ohming it until you find the break if a visual inspection does not show it. I'll post he troubleshooting procedure and wiring diagram below. If I can help further just replyy back.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Mr. Wiggins. Great response and THANKS for the wiring diagram. One question before I head over to the car: Where is the ECM and what does it look like?
MY apologies for the delayed reply, we are having some website issues. The computer is under the passenger side of the dash it looks like the link below.
Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.