Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

I have a constant whine sounds like the power steering pump

Customer Question

I have a constant whine sounds like the power steering pump but is has just been replaced. No problems with it getting heavy but when you accelerate you hear this high pitched whine. The mechanic says that it should go away as the new pump takes a little while for the gears to wear in? That didn't sounds right to me
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible... if not then I will take to a mechanic
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: it is a 2011 4cylinder engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today..*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****.Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. . There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. .. Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page..https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw2mw9b9yhhz04g/POWER%20STEERING%20OIL%20PUMP%20NOISE.pdf?dl=0.Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** . Thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,