Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

Need location of code p1167 on 02 kia optima 2.7 JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Need location of code p1167 on 02 kia optima 2.7
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Changed cam &.crank sensor cleared codes and car ran fine until heated,then loses power and sound like it suffers for air or gas code p1167 shows
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Need location of bank 2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.
Bank 2 is the front half of the engine (if you are standing in front of the car looking at the engine, the side closest to you). Have you already diagnosed it as a bad oxygen sensor?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes had it checked on a computer
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.
Ok, cool. Please let me know if you need additional information.
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.
Please don't forget to rate. Just Answer doesn't pay us unless we get a positive rating.