Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

97 Kia P0170 fuel trim malfunction. engine light on. smog passed

Customer Question

97 Kia P0170 fuel trim malfunction. engine light on. smog passed except for visual and check engine light. replaced air mass meter boot. car runs fine but light will not reset
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This code here indicates the fuel trim is to rich or to lean for to long.The diagnostic flow chart needs followed to diagnose and repair this here.This can be a fault most common with a vacuum leak,injector issues or fuel filter or fuel pump issues.Below is the chart to diagnose this here to pinpoint and repair the fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete