Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I bought a 2011 Kia Optima with a bad, rod knocking, 4

Customer Question

I bought a 2011 Kia Optima with a bad, rod knocking, 4 cylinder engine. Then I bought a used engine and installed it and it will turn over but not start. Do you have to reprogram it or what am I missing?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. An engine swap does not require programming. More than likely a connector or wire is damaged or not plugged up. Can you check for fuel pressure, ignition spark and injector pulse? Do you have a scan tool to check the cam and crank sensor readings? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
A phone call costs you 26$. Are you sure you would rather do that than just respond here.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris