Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Kia Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Kia Diagnostics/Repair

Check engine light came on and the diagnostic code is P0441 JA:

Customer Question

check engine light came on and the diagnostic code is P0441
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i need the purge control sylenoid valve
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet...trying to find the part
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: no one seems to have it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
May I have the year, model and engine size of your Kia?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2010 Kia soul 1.6
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was told already told it's the pcv... But I don't know where it's located at or where to purchase it
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
Ahh. Ok. That's correct, the most common problem associated with this is the Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV). They're actually quite common fail items on these vehicle. It's located on the rear of the engine, towards the driver's side, about mid-way down. Make sure to carefully inspect the rubber lines for any cracks, holes or disconnections. And the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Image location view1: location view2: my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am at work and will be able to respond better when I can access my car
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
Sounds good. Hopefully it will all work out for you and you will leave me a positive rating! If you have any further questions, I will be back online tomorrow around 9am. Have a great day!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you find the PCSV? Were there any other questions you had on this issue?