Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Kia Sorento EX: How do I convert my 2006 Kia gas tank to a

Customer Question

How do I convert my 2006 Kia gas tank to a 2016 Kia gas tank electrical
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can you go into more detail?You want to remove your 2006 gas tank why??? and install a 2016 gas tank why ??? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I couldn't find a gas tank and none of the junk yards for my 2006 Kia and there was a 2016 Kia that had a plastic tank in the junkyard that I could get with the fuel pump that I got with the fuel pump I don't know if I can use it how do I convert over the electrical
So you have the 2016 and your dead set on making this work, now you need to know how to wire the pump and fuel gauge sender, correct?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would call you but I don't have no more money on my credit card my number is(###) ###-####
Thats okay, I did not send the call offer, the website did. Can you respond on the last comment I made before I post my answer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes I'm up I am dead sets 100% sure that's what I want to do
Your 06 has at the pumpred pump powerwhite signal to the computergreen fuel level indicator3 black wires all ground The 16 hasblack groundyellow pump powerred/black fuel level indicatorblue/black ground This is how the pump and sender should be wired. The white wire on the 06 is a fuel level indicator signal for the PCM, so for now do not use it and see what happens but if needed, splice it into the other fuel level indicator wire.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The wire harness that I have does not have them colored white wires please get back to me as soon as you can thank you
If all the wires are white then someone has replaced the pigtail. Can you follow the harness up to see the wire colors the white wires are spliced into or are you saying you purchased a pigtail for the 16 fuel tank?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah I have a pigtail from a 16 and I need to put it on my on my 06
Sorry I do not have a connector pin chart. I will opt out and let another help you.