Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

2003 Kia Spectra with @ 45,000 miles has begun shutting off

Customer Question

2003 Kia Spectra with @ 45,000 miles has begun shutting off while driving. All electrical power seems to be gone initially but once I pull over and try to restart it often will start but drive as if it is in low gear causing a high rpm of 4,000 at 50 mph in drive.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If parts and the right information are available I have the tools and experience to correct the issue.
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: Not at this time, the problem has just surfaced and there may be other symptoms that develop.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to begin to know what is causing the problem you are having the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the compute system to see if the computer is detecting any systems faults and setting any fault codes. If you can get this done first and post back with the results We can work from there to determine the cause.