rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have 2008 3.8 sorento, that sometimes cranks hard before

Customer Question

I have 2008 3.8 sorento, that sometimes cranks hard before starting
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Most of the time the sorento starts right up but sometimes it will crank hard before it starts . It has 71000 mi
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would unless it is extensive job
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. You should first have the starting system tested, battery and cables. Then you should test the fuel pressure with a gauge.Thanks, Ron