Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

2005 Kia Sorento P0134 P0300 P0302 P0303. All this happened

Customer Question

2005 Kia Sorento P0134 P0300 P0302 P0303. All this happened quickly.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Driving home the other day it started to run rough and when I got home I pulled codes and had P0300 and P0302 P0303. The next day I erased the code then drove the car pulled codes and had error codes for Bank 1 sensor 1 and Bank 2 sensor 1. Erased the codes and now have P0300 P0302 P0303 and P0134.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just pulled codes. According to code reader there are a multitude of thing for each problem. But for everything to happen at once is peculiar. One lat thing the fuel shutoff switch was also tripped. Thought it was the ignition failure sensor.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: About 18 months ago I replaced the cam sensor, crank sensor, timing belt and Throttle position sensor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist first, stop erasing the codes. it does nothing for the issue as it needs to be diaged and repaired. there is info stored when the light is on. it will take a snap shot of all the sensors at the time the code set and techs need to look at that to help determine the failure. in your case, all these codes are related to running lean. I would start by checking the fuel pressure. low pressure from a failing fuel pump will set all these codes at one time. you can rent a tester at a parts store to verify Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no port on a 2005 sorento to check fuel pressure.
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.
thats correct. thats why you need the fuel pump test kit. you will need to tap into the fuel filter to test. Roy