Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

2004 Kia Rio. Check engine light came on. Vehicle immediately

Customer Question

2004 Kia Rio. Check engine light came on. Vehicle immediately began running rough (vibrating). Took to an auto parts store and a diagnostic check indicates P0325 knock sensor. Have owned vehicle just over a year and have never had it serviced. Not sure how to proceed.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .The Knock Sensor is a feedback signal used to control of ignition timing. It could just be a bad knock sensor. If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,