Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

I have a 2004 kia sorento. Recently, I have a check engine

Customer Question

I have a 2004 kia sorento. Recently, I have a check engine light on the dash board.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: code p0700 and p1795
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I disconnect the harness from the tccm
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: but the check engine light did not go away
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have codes P0700 and P1795
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The code P0700 is a generic code from the engine computer to let you know a transmission fault has been detected which leads to the code P1795.This code indicates the transfer case low switch signal circuit line is open or shorted or disconnected.This is the switch to shift your transfer case into 4wd low range.I have seen this switch itself fail and cause this here most common needing replaced.Here is the diagnostics below for this code here.I suspect the switch itself needs replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete