Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

Kia Sportage LX: When I put my Kia Sportage in*****

Customer Question

When I put my Kia Sportage in***** the back wheels do not turn?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This can be due to a fault with a 4wd actuator not engaging properly to engage the rear wheels as I have seen before.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.This needs done using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.I suspect a faulty actuator or possibly an internal mechanical fault in the rear differential.Having the codes checked will help locate the cause.In some cases the rear differential may need removed,taken apart and inspected for further diagnosis and repair. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, sounds like I need to take the vehicle to a mechanic to fully diagnose.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Your welcome.In order to fully diagnose and locate this fault here it will need to have a scan tool plugged into it to check all computers for codes then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this fault unfortunately. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete