sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Rear door on Kia Rondo won't open. Child lock on so inside

Customer Question

Rear door on Kia Rondo won't open. Child lock on so inside handle doeas not work. Outside handle seems to be disconnected.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Door handle was pulled while electric locks button was pushed.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Outside handle will not open door.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Kia Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: yes
JA: What else should I tell the Kia Mechanic?
Customer: ?? nothing
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the outside handle moves with no resistance then the problem may be with the handle itself, the latch, or the rod is off that connects the two.To diagnose and repair the issue the door panel is going to need to be removed. Once the panel is off you'll need to locate the handle and see if the rod that goes to the latch is attached. If so and it's moving then the latch has failed.If the rod isn't attached at one end or the other then most likely one of the attaching clips has failed. If it's off at the handle end it may be because the handle itself broke, which will be apparent with an inspection.