sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2012 Kia Sedona passenger door won't close I'm stuck with

Customer Question

My 2012 Kia Sedona passenger door won't close I'm stuck with 4 kids
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The u shaped latch that goes around the silver bolt on the bottom of the door is locked.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need help now. I'm stranded with 4 kids
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok.(###) ###-####is my number
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I do a live call?
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
do you have a screw driver or anything like that on hand ?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It appears you're describing the latch pawl being in the closed position while the door is open.With the door unlocked insert a screwdriver into the part of the latch where the striker would be with the door closed. Using one hand to pull on the door handle as you would to normally open the door, use a screwdriver with your other hand to rotate the latch pawl back to the open position.