sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Kia Optima LX: 2004 kia optima would not start, took car to

Customer Question

2004 kia optima would not start, took car to shop, I was told there was an oil leak from gasket to the alternator these items was repaired. now my engine light is on, my friend did a scanned these numbers showed ISO 9141, KWP 2000, P1505what does this mean?
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The actual code is P1505. This code is for the idle air control motor circuit.The idle air control motor is controlled by the engine controller and is used to allow air into the engine when the throttle is closed to maintain idle speed.This is a circuit code which indicates an open circuit or short on the circuits between the ECM and IAC. This could be the IAC itself, a connection or wiring issue, the ECM itself in rare cases, or the IAC may simply be unplugged. The first thing that will need to be done is make sure it's plugged in and visually check connections, if there are no visible problems then the IAC and wiring will need to be tested.