Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Kia Spectra EX: 2006 kia spectra what fuse disables the door/trunk

Customer Question

2006 kia spectra what fuse disables the door/trunk ajar display on the dashboard?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.
HI,Ok, there is no fuse just for that light. There is a fuse for the instrument cluster but removing it kills power to the ENTIRE instrument cluster which includes the gages, ALL the warning lights, the blinkers, speedometer, etc. The only way to turn that light off is to either fix the actual problem which would be one of the door switches or trunk switch, or pull the instrument cluster and remove the bulb which is soldered in place Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.