George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech
13574682

Kia Optima LX 1.6 turbo: there, I just got a 2016 Kia Optima

Customer Question

hi there, I just got a 2016 Kia Optima LX with the 1.6 liter turbo. did the car come with synthetic oil from the factory? Do you recommend using a high quality synthetic like Mobil 1? If so how often should I change the oil. It currently has 1500 miles on it. Should I get an oil change asap and get the Mobil 1 into it. Lastly, I'm using Shell premium fuel, is that a waste of my money?
Category: Kia
Expert:  George H. replied 7 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, You should be using synthetic on a turbo engine. The oil has to lubricate the hot turbo. Yours has synthetic and I like to do the first change early so 1500 miles would be perfect then every 5 - 7000 after that. You don't need premium fuel you are better running the regular the engine was designed for. Please let me know if you have further questions Thank you