Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

Kia Sephia: I have a 2001 Kia Sephia with heavy running and

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Kia Sephia with heavy running and no power problems - fuel delivery. The original diagnostics read in the aspect of something "rich" in the oxygen or something. I have replaced everything related to it...about six parts - Idle air control, coil wires, oxygen sensors, two parts on the intake manifold, and fuel filter. It runs perfect for a while, then something "clicks" or "switches" and all of a sudden it starts running VERY heavy and when I push the gas it revs agonizingly slow. I usually had to rev it real high to "click" it back to normal. Nothing I replaced what is this??? Could this be fuel pressure sensor malfunction, vacuum leak...etc? I am at my wits end. I just need an idea so I can self-repair. It is my only car to work...and a bicycle might be the best thing now, lol.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.
Have you checked the timing belt and made sure it is on time and that the belt is not stretched?