Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner, Line Mechanic, Electronics

My radio stopped working. I have checked the power connection

Customer Question

My radio stopped working. I have checked the power connection fuses and they appear sound - no break. Is that what I should be looking for on my 2012 Kia Forte?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: If I could find a bad one, yes. I have the fuse and it seems just a matter of plugging, unplugging?
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Completely happy
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Kia Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no, but thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.IF there is NO Display & sound, please check Fuses "AUDIO" & "D/CLOCK" located in the Inside Fuse Panel with Key ONClick Attachment belowIF Fuse are good, then you need to remove Radio & Test the RED & YELLOW wires at the Radio for Voltage + with Key ONIF there is Voltage +, then the Radio is bad.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.