Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a 2004 KiaSedona with 116,000 miles. Got a #6 cylinder

Customer Question

I have a 2004 KiaSedona with 116,000 miles. Got a #6 cylinder misfire and now have a tapping at idle and at speed. Tried a detergent flush and clean synth if oil. Getting slightly better. Should I change out the hydraulic lash adjusters?
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 2004 always chafed the fluid every 30,000 miles.
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Tranny is fine. I'm just concerned about the valve clatter noise.
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Kia Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No. The valve clatter is my only issue.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. You may have an issue here with one of the valve lash adjusters/lifters causing this fault here as this can sometimes be common and if it did get better after the flush and oil change this sounds to be the cause here.If you do replace a valve lash adjuster it is best to replace all of them at the same time.You might have this listened to and checked by a repair facility or second set of ears to see if they think this is a valve lash adjuster issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete