Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia Optima: I have a 2011 optima the right headlight is very

Customer Question

I have a 2011 optima the right headlight is very dim hardly on i replaced the bulb 2 times and nothing changes still very dim even with new bulbs any ideas on what the problem is?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,Is the light din on both the high beam and low beam?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, the high beams work great its just the passanger side low beam thats dim. Wondered if maybe a ground ?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Okay at the socket connector on the light take your volt meter and see if you are getting battery voltage (12 volts) on the Red wire which is the low beam circuit . If you have battery voltage on this wire then check and see if you have a good ground at the same connector on the black wire. Check this for me and let me know the results and we can work from there to get this resolved for you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok can do but I'm at work it will be late if not tomarrow.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
No problem, get it checked when you can and we can work from there. Im here all day tomorrow as well. Just post back here when your ready.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Your very welcome.