Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Kia Sportage: ! I have a 2012 KIA sportage ex. The steering

Customer Question

Hi! I have a 2012 KIA sportage ex. The steering wheel is locked, the break pedal will not depress, and when I press the start button, it does not sound like the engine is turning over. Everything else seems to be working.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 8 months ago.
Hello, sounds like the brake switch is bad. Try really pushing the brake pedal down hard and even stomping on it and then pushing the button. If that doesn't work, hold the button down once it is on the accessory position and it should start.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you