Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Kia Forte EX: 2010 Kia Forte 2.0 eng P0106 map sensor code Changes

Customer Question

2010 Kia Forte 2.0 eng
P0106 map sensor code
Changes map sensor, air filter
And battery
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 8 months ago.
Alright, you've done two of the five possible causes of the P0106. Check to make sure dip stick is installed fully and the O ring is still on it. Next, Listen to the engine while it is running, if you hear a whistling type noise there is probably an air leak that will need to be fixed. Check the connector for the MAP sensor and ensure that it is not corroded or loose. And finally if all of that looks good, I'd replace the throttle position sensor.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The throttle sensor I take it it's on the throttlebody
I did check the connector it's all clean wires look OK I do get a reading on my snap on monitor the fluctuating of the map sensor
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I clear the code and drive it it's OK shut off come back use it and that's when the check engine light flips back on
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
And yes the dipstick has both it's a rings on it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are u still there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think I might want to try another expert
I'm sorry I was not online. Yes the throttle sensor is on the throttle body, it is built into the electronic throttle body. Have you checked for any air leaks? If you don't hear any you can try spraying carb clean in a mist over the engine around the intake gaskets and vacuum lines, if the idle changes you have a leak which could cause the map sensor to fluctuate. Did you use a Kia map sensor when you replaced it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes it is a Kia map sensor I did spray starting fluid and I got no fluctuation in the idol
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just took this for a couple road test in the light has not came back on yet usually it would've flipped on by now
Alright, sometimes we see oil pool up on the map sensor and that can throw a code, so maybe it just had to clear out. If the light comes back, check the map sensor for oil, and clean it if necessary. Then I'd check the throttle body actuator connection and if thats good try unhooking the battery and letting it sit for a while to reset the memory adaptives unless you are able to do that manually on your scan tool. If that still doesn't work, replace the throttle body actuator.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK thank you I will work more with it tomorrow and let you know
Alright sounds good.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did notice how there was oil pooled on the old map sensor
Yeah that could be what causes it, usually if you clean it off and reinstall it it doesn't have the issue again
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I took car for a short ride this morning and light still off, I'm going home at lunch to get the car to drive
Alright
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I drove the car back to work so far so good on the check engine light for one more ride this evening
Ok good to hear. If it hasn't come back by now it is probably good to go.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you