Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

My 2005 spectra turns over but will not start ... first

Customer Question

Hi - my 2005 spectra turns over but will not start ... first issue save one time years ago when the engine was "flooded" by attempts to start it. A tow driver was able to "reset" something by pressing on the gas pedal - not sure what he did. Are you able to help?
JA: No. I'm the Kia Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: OK thanks ...
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes - I just want to get my car started - think it may be condensate or something in the line - cold morning ...
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried pressing the gas pedal a couple of times as I was told that doing so will "reset" the computer that controls the fuel injection.
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: No ... new-is battery ...
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

How many miles on the car?

Do you smell raw gas while you are trying to start it?