Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I have an 2006 kia serento i recently got a tune up and the

Customer Question

I have an 2006 kia serento i recently got a tune up and the mechanic put the wires on wrong which caused the power to go out once he put them on correct i was able to drive then i realized when i get to 30mph the car starts making a loud whistling noise then stops after 40mph
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: continues only when pressing on the gas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 8 months ago.

Hello, sounds like there is a vacuum leak somewhere. Most likely it is in the intake manifold or the air intake tube. In order to do a tune up on the 2006 Sorento you need to remove the intake manifold. I would bring it back to the shop and have them check their work as they should have replaced the gaskets before reinstalling the manifold.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you