Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

My 2004 Kia amanti does not want to turn over the engine.

Customer Question

My 2004 Kia amanti does not want to turn over the engine. The gas pump works well, fuses and relays appear working, spark plugs are good. I put staring fluid into air filter but the engine cranks and at times wants to turn in but doesn't. Is there something else I need to do?? Please help.
Category: Kia
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.

sounds like you have a sensor issue eith crank or cam sensor.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would like live conversation
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 7 months ago.

Hello, unfortunately I will not be able to do a live phone call but I would like to help. Have you had the vehicle scanned for trouble codes? This would give us a direction to go in if there was a code.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, I have not.
Alright, have you ever had the timing belt replaced? And when you spray starting fluid into it you need to do it after the air filter at the throttle body. Check if it starts doing that. If that does not work, remove the fuel pump fuse and pull a spark plug out leaving it in the coil, have someone crank it over and see if the plug is sparking.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, I would have to do it when I get home. I will keep you posted

Ok sounds good.