Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

I own a 2011 kia sedona with the 3.5 v6 engine. Is there a

Customer Question

I own a 2011 kia sedona with the 3.5 v6 engine. Is there a fix for the extremely sensitive throttle that this van has? I owned a 2006 kia sedona that I really liked that did not have this problem. I bought this van because of the price and the fact that I liked the 2006 van so well. Is there a way to install a 2006 kia sedona throttle position sensor, an accelerator position sensor and computer in my 2011 kia sedona or is there another way to fix this really annoying problem? It is very difficult to start from a stop without spinning the wheels. I bought the 2011 sedona in july 2015 with 30000 miles on it and have driven it 10000 miles. I am ready to get rid of it if this problem cannot be resolved. If this is the way all kias drive, I will no longer own them.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately on some models the way the manufacturers make them anymore the throttle can be sensitive.The throttle position sensor signals are more sensitive compared to the 2006 model and unfortunately the computer and throttle sensor cannot be changed out to an older style or style to correct this here.What you can try if you have not already is file a complaint with a dealer to see if they can either check for any updated programming that the manufacturer may have released to correct this here or to see if they can contact their tech support to see if this is a common fault that they may be working on already to come up with an updated sensor or program.

Other then this if they cannot help at all and this is the way it has been designed it is a feature that cannot be changed.I have seen many changes in other models that have caused allot of problems with the ways the vehicles used to operate on older models that cannot be changed at all unfortunately.

I wish I had better news for you on this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete