fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL
1627031

I have a Kia Sportage 2012. As has lost the power steering

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Kia Sportage 2012. As has lost the power steering and speed gauges none of the lights in the dash front displays works. Also the other gauges does not
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Yesterday when I was going to start the car seemed nothing of instruments in the dash front displays and it was completely dark with no light. power steering did not work either.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: is probably looking for tips on what it can være.Er there something simple I can so.
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: Not that I know. This is what seems like the problem is.
JA: Our top Kia Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Kia Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Kia Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Most of the time this occurs from a loss of battery voltage. I would start by checking to make sure that the belt on the engine is still intact. If it broke this will occur. If it is fine then have the battery load tested and make sure that all of the battery and ground connections near the battery are clean and tight. If nothing is found let me know and we can continue from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. The battery is charged and everything is ok there. What is wrong is that the servo does not work none of the gauges do not work. and no lighting in the dashboard. The car starts and runs. But it has encountered a power problam on the aforementioned things. This car is the electric power steering. So it seems that the problems with current interrelated.
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. One last question. Does it start just fine every time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Yes it starts and runs fine every time. There is no problem with that there is no power. What is the problem is that the electric power steering does not work and the instruments in the dashboard does not. That's what the problem is and nothing else. Is it so that the control box to eps`n provides power to the backlight and instruments in the dash. I've taken out and measured cluster fuse which is in the engine compartment it was good. Should buy me a obd2 reader in the morning when the stores open.
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

If the check engine light is not on then the code reader will not help you, unless it is one that reads the body control module also. These systems do share the IP fuse in the fuse box under the dash. They also share a ground under the left side of the dash. If these are fine then it may be the ignition switch.