Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.

I have a 2007 Rondo 2.7. It runs bad and codes present are

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Rondo 2.7. It runs bad and codes present are P0016, P0134, P0300. HELP
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you cleared out these codes to see if the codes come back (all or any of them at all)?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I haven't. i will and let you know.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,let me know when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Codes came back instantly, all the same ones
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,with the code P0016 this sounds like a fault with one or more of the engine timing components at fault like a timing chain/belt fault or guide fault or even an issue with one of the timing guides or tensioner.This can cause the other codes to set here as well as the poor running.I would have the timing components inspected for any issues and if any issues are found with any of them the affected components will need replaced to correct this fault here.I have had to replace worn timing chains/guides for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete