thomas hill
thomas hill,
Experience:  master tech at kia of east hatford ct
93151433

2007 Kia Optima. My gauges go out intermittently while im

Customer Question

2007 Kia Optima. My gauges go out intermittently while im driving. sometimes for 10 minutes sometimes for hours. Then they just all start working again.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The gauges in my car go out at random times while driving and then come back on intermittently
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if it's a reasonable fix. If not I hope to get an idea of what the issue or the solution could be.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: I've checked the fuses, traced the grounds down to ensure one isn't loose and i've pulled the negative post to reset the ECM
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  thomas hill replied 8 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** will be helping you today

so the next time it happens try smacking the dash just above the gauge cluster if it comes back on you will need to replace the gauge cluster

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just hit it is the answer?

we have a problem with them at the dealer they get a loose connection on the in side of the gauge cluster and when they go out we give them a hit and if they come back on then we replace they the hitting is the diagnose the fix is replacing it

if my answer has helped you please help me by rating or accepting my answer. this does not cost you any more it just allows me to be credited for my work. you can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. thank you