Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

My 2005 Kia s, My 2005 Kia Sorento LX has 215,000 miles on

Customer Question

my 2005 Kia s
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My 2005 Kia Sorento LX has 215,000 miles on it (its been the BEST car i am the only owner) however, today it acted like it choked and the check engine light came on but i kept trying to give it gas and then the check engine light went off and it drove fine. It did the same thing about 2 weeks ago but i dont think the check engine light came on at that time.. it acted like it stalled out 2 times but then caught itself and kept on going.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am ... i cannot afford a new car for at least one more year so i am trying to make it last and my son said he could probably fix it but he isnt sure either what could be wrong... i replaced the timing belt and serpentine belt about 2 years ago but other than that i have not replaced one thing on it except the clutch about 8 years ago.
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: no... I do replace the headlight lamp quite alot over the years but i looked that issue up and it was a problem with this 2005 Kia Sorento (also my*****didnt work every time i switched it on this winter - i live in colorado)
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make a phone call but I'll try to help. The first thing that you should do Is have someone (like a parts store) scan it for codes. This will give us a direction to go in, as there are many issues that could cause this.