Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

I have a 2014 Kia Soul. At night, what causes the head

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Kia Soul. At night, what causes the head lights to turn off or flicker when the turn signal is engaged or when it disengages?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 7 months ago.

It could be a few different things. Since it was hit in the left front you should start by checking the grounds. There are 2 ground bolts with wires for the headlamps among other things in the left front. You'd want to check to make sure there are no broken wires, no corrosion, and that the bolts are tight. You should be able to access them by removing the left front wheel and the plastic wheel well. I've attached a picture. Aside from that, the only other common thing that the turn signal and head lamps have is the multifunction switch itself (the switch that you turn the lights on with that also turns on the turn signals). Hope this helps.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.

Here is the picture.