AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I replaced the TPS after code and still getting code P0122.

Customer Question

JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I got bad TPS code P0122 and replaced the TPS. Reset and code came back up. Engine was previously idling rough, now it idles OK but does not accelerate smoothly and P0122 code has come back
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing after replacing the sensor.
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 8 months ago.

Hello. What is the year and model of your Kia? I apologize if you already provided that information, but it's not showing up for me.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2005 Kia Sedona. I understand now that the sensor needs adjusted but can't find the correct value.

The standard value for the throttle position sensor is between 300 and 900 mV.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Anywhere in that range is fine?

That is what the adjustment procedure is stating, yes. Is it within that range and still producing a problem?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I couldn't find a way to get a voltage reading, There are no accessible wires. I adjusted it so that the engine idled like normal and it seems to run fine now.

If it's running fine now, then you are almost definitely within specification. Here is a link however to a file in my dropbox that should help you quite a bit in case you need it. The second image shows the procedure done with a DVOM. You could use push pins directly into the back of the connector (that's what we do) Click the blue link below. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. If not please remember to rate me. You can always follow up if needed at any time even after rating.

TPS ADJUSTMENT

How did it go? Did you still need assistance?