EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

My volume won't adjust. I can't hear my phone via Bluetooth,

Customer Question

My volume won't adjust. I can't hear my phone via Bluetooth, and I can't hear navigation when I try to use my GPS in my 2012 Kia Optima. .. just happened yesterday.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Are you here?
JA: I'm here.
Customer: You still need more information
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Is it fixable
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Kia Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Kia Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Kia Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 11 months ago.

Hi. In the settings menu there is a setting to reset the radio to factory. It will erase your phone pairing, but I recommend you try this first.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this a common issue?

Not that issue exactly. But a lot of times maybe the nav will not work correctly, or a phone keeps getting disconnected, etc... Doing a reset a lot times fixes these types of issues. If you reset to factory and it still does not work I would recommend disconnecting the vehicles battery for a few minutes and reconnect and see if that helps.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I'll try this and reach back out to you, if needed...

Ok sounds good. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Niether option worked. I tried the default setting and we unplugged the battery for 30 minutes and then re-plugged. Are there any other options? My volume is stuck on probably 10. I can turn the nob or use the keys on the stering wheel, and I see it being adjusted, but the volume itself is not changing.When I put an address in Navigator, I can see the display showing me every turn; howver, I don't hear the step by step guidance...I hear my phone ring when a bluetooth call comes through the car; however when I try to answer, I hear nothing. I have to make the call private to hear through my phone...
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello...

Hi. I am here.

Sorry neither option worked. Can you scroll through the menu system and see if you can find a setting that controls the volume of the gps and bluetooth?

Thank you for viewing my response on 3/18/2016 at 10:38:03 AM 1 day(s) ago. Have you tried going through the menu to check for volume options? Please let me know and also rate my service to you. Thank you.