thomas hill
thomas hill,
Experience:  master tech at kia of east hatford ct
93151433

Wayne in iowa, i have an o6' kia optima LX and about 50,000

Customer Question

wayne in iowa, i have an o6' kia optima LX and about 50,000 miles i could,nt use the keys to unlock the trunk. Now at about 212,000 miles last week the driver door wont let use the key to unlock i have to use passenger side. Any ideas would sure help. thanks
Category: Kia
Expert:  thomas hill replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be helping you today

So when you say the key won't work do you mean it won't turn or it turns but nothing happens

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the key will not turn on either the trunk or driver door.

is the passenger door lock hard to turn or easy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it turns easy like always, also the driver door did turn easy to until last week you could feel the key move the mechinisms inside and they moved good.

sounds to me the door latch needs to be replaced all the locking mechanism stuff is in the door latch and we see them fail now and then and the trunk lock I'm thinking it rusted up try spraying some wd40 in it and put the key in it and try to free it up but it may to long to save it since 50,000 miles

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thanks Tom.

no problem

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.