Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

Daughter just bought a 2003 kia spectra. Was dying when she

Customer Question

daughter just bought a 2003 kia spectra. Was dying when she put it in gear (after running awhile).
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: P0102 code. Thinking Map sensor? I've worked on many cars before, my first kia..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 9 months ago.

P0102 is a code for the Mass Air Flow sensor. The sensor is on the air intake tube. Check the connector to make sure it is tight, also you may want to remove it and check the pins on the inside of the connector to make sure they are not corroded. If the connector looks good, I'd recommend replacing the sensor. I've supplied a picture of the sensor so you know where to look.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.