Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Code 157 indicates oxygen sensor needs replacing, I 't know

Customer Question

Code 157 indicates oxygen sensor needs replacing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't know any more other than it has Deen sitting up for several months I put Lucas gas treatment in it that stopped the cutting off. It was idling high but now it ain't. So I wonder what's going on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Kia Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Kia Mechanic should know about your Kia?
Customer: It's a 2003 with 156000 miles on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 9 months ago.

Hello, what model and engine size? what symptoms other than code at this time?