Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Kia Optima I have locked the keys in the trunk of this

Customer Question

Kia Optima I have locked the keys in the trunk of this rental with the doors unfortunately locked as well AAA came and opened the door but now the button on the left side of the driver is locked out or non functional. Can I get through to the trunk lowering the back seat? Do you have any suggestions. Kerry Cairns(###) ###-####
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately when this issue occurs here like this and a lock smith or AAA company cannot unlock the trunk for you to get into it for the keys either a new key needs obtained by a dealer or you would have to contact the rental company and let them know the situation and they may have a spare key for this model here.Removing the back seat back cushion may give you some access to the trunk but my info isnt showing that it will.This usually involves dismantling several components in the back seat area to try and access the trunk and if any damage occurs when this is done the rental company may charge you for it.I would see if the rental company has a second key for this model here to see if you can access it that way as they usually do.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete