Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Kia XM Sorrento ,VIN KNAKU811MA5032971 ,58500

Customer Question

I have a Kia XM Sorrento ,VIN KNAKU811MA5032971 ,58500 miles, when the vehicle was 28 days out of warranty the ABS light was showing on the dash panel ,I paid to have the problem rectified ,It was diagnosed as a rear hub assemble at your agents "KEEMA MOTORS "Cleveland BRIS ,QLD. Three days after the repairs the ABS light came on again and would not go off .After reporting the re occurrence of the problem the KIA staff reported that it was now the other "rear hub assembly ", it was also mentioned that it could be the on-board computer , I would be most grateful if you could let me know if this is a common occurrence with this model . As a retired senior the ongoing repair costs are hurting . Can't the mechanics identify the problem with your modern technology
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Based on the year, hub bearing failure can occur and result in the ABS tone ring wobbling and not reading correct. However it is not common with the miles that low. I do find it odd that they addressed the wrong side. The scan tool should of told them which side was reading incorrect. I believe you need to bring this fact up to there attention. There is a slight chance both were bad but slight. They may offer to cut the part cost or labor to save face.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.