internal88
internal88, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Import car specialist for over 10 years.
63512786

Car won't start had alternator replaced yesterday and it

Customer Question

Car won't start had alternator replaced yesterday and it started clicking like the starter but mechanic said to just let the computer adjust just hit the start button. Few times and it will correct it self and yes it started this morning just a little click but won't start Kia Optima 2013 never had a problem with car 95,000 ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car won't start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  internal88 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Kia tech.

The car does not adjust itself? If the engine did not even crank then the starter motor is the problem. This is the problem.

Just make sure the battery is fully charged. If the battery is OK then it is the problem of the starter. The job should be around $300-400.

Please rate me positive, thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it possible for both alternator and starter to go out together/
/ the alternator was definitely not working and making a noise like bearing bad that went away

Yes, the starter can go at the same time. Just make sure the battery terminal and the battery itself is good. It should be at 12.6 V.