Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

I also have the 2007 spectra but the botton screw is not

Customer Question

Hi I also have the 2007 spectra but the botton screw is not there. Or that I can find. There is something on the passenger side at the left side of the back of the assembly that looks sort like some kind of puch in clip or snap in ... but cant tell for sure and a bit careful as I do not want to break the assembly. do you know if this is a snap it or something. I did find a nut on inside just under the right hand bolt neat the radiator overflow. any help would be helpful thx ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry hit enter before I was finished did you get the rest
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What are you replacing or removing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well I have to remove the headlight assembly to replace the windshield washer pump
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

I see, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

They do have 2 bolts at the top and one nut that goes in from the back of the headlight assembly. It seems that you got that out. The right side has a guide pin, (plastic) that goes into a hole in the fender. When the nut and bolts are off the assembly pulls out toward the front. I have attached a diagram from the instructions. Please let me know if you need the instructions for the washer tank, thanks

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I saw this diagram in a previous chat on someone else. My headlight assem is the passenger side. However the B nut is not in the middle on mind it is under the A bolt to the right. The unit still doesn't come out. It seems there is something holding is on the left side near the fender. This guide pin looks like it is snapped in maybe and it is in the headlight support not the fender. I can move the A bolt on the right side of the assem. And it moves out a bit. But the A bolt on the fender side is acting like some is holding it. Know of anything else that maybe. I pulled firmly, but am being catious of breaking the head light assem/ Rick
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

.

*******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ********

.

.