Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

How do I remove headlight assembly on 2008 Kia optima?

Customer Question

How do I remove headlight assembly on 2008 Kia optima? there's only one screw on top, I removed it yet it still won't budge, ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm trying to replace low beam headlight, & other sights say I need to remove headlight assembly to access bulb
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 9 months ago.

Hello, the headlight has to be removed, You are missing 2 bolts, Those two are in a bit of a tight spot sometimes. All 3 are removed, then the light is alos clipped on the end so wiggle to remove/unclip it and pull forward to unplug. Here is a link showing the location of the bolts etc