sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I can't get the back hatch of my 07 sportage to open, I just

Customer Question

Hi ***** ***** I can't get the back hatch of my 07 sportage to open
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just bought the car the other day and when I unlock the doors with the internal lock or use the key for the back hatch it stays stuck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the liftgate won't open it may be a mechanical issue, electrical, it may be the latch itself. It's possible that the latch simply isn't being released, the liftgate or striker may be out of adjustment and the latch is bound up, or there may be something foreign closed in it preventing it from releasing correctly.

Did it work for you at any time?

Is it a power liftgate or manual?

Do you hear anything when trying to open it?